One of the world’s most exclusive vacation rental companies announces this year’s most sought after luxury vacation destinations based on industry insights.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, April 12, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Based on industry insights, the most sought after destinations of the year have been revealed. They include Barbados, Jamaica, Italy, Greece, St Barts and Hawaii.
Exceptional Villas understands that the world is full of incredible destinations and choosing the perfect place can sometimes be a challenge. That’s why they have used expert opinion, user votes and current travel trends to compile this list.
1) Barbados – “This is our strongest destination in terms of bookings”, said Alexandra Baradi Owner of Exceptional Villas. It is a captivating destination which offers our clients a great level of sophistication, luxury, beauty and culture which is a rare combination.
This is our strongest destination in terms of bookings” — Alexandra Baradi
Barbados also has the advantage of having excellent air access with direct flights from all over the United States, Canada, The UK and Germany. To top it all off, Barbados has some of the best beach front vacation rentals in the Caribbean as well as many luxury golf and estate properties. View villas in Barbados
2) Italy – Exceptional Villas are seeing substantial growth in Italy this year. It is perceived to be safer than most other European destinations and also the fact that the US dollar is currently strong against the euro is making it particular appealing to the very important US market.
3) Hawaii- 2017 has seen a particularly high demand for Big Island and Maui. Clients who have gone to the Caribbean are looking for alternative warm destinations and Hawaii is especially beautiful with some amazing unspoiled beaches.
4) Jamaica – Villas in Jamaica provide great value and many of them are fully staffed with Butlers, Housekeepers and Chefs. Jamaica also has a great variety of things to do for families and for children of all ages such as horse riding, snorkeling, scuba diving and swimming with dolphins.
5) St Barts –In the last number of years the island has been getting great press due to the fact that so many celebrities have been flocking to the island. It has some of the most beautiful villas on the planet located on its beaches and on the surrounding hills.
6) Greece – We have seen a huge surge in interest in Greece in the last number of months says Alexandra Baradi. Santorini and Mykonos are particularly popular. They are so incredibly beautiful and also much safer than most worldwide destinations. The islands also have a great quality of luxury villas to choose from.
Other very popular destinations this year include: Mexico, Antigua, The Maldives and Turks and Caicos
Tourism is a big business and the total spend in 2016 was over 1.3 trillion. Of this amount, it is estimated that the vacation rental industry is worth over 1.2 billion and estimated to rise to 1.9 billion by 2019.
Of that 1.2 billion in revenue, the United States market accounts for over a quarter of it. There are currently over 10 million vacation home rentals around the world.
In the pre internet era, vacation rentals were very much a mom and pop industry but today it is has become a highly organised and professional business with several large aggregators such as airbnb and Expedia controlling the volume market.
Whilst there is a trend for online booking in the mass market, the luxury market has seen a major trend in clients wishing to speak and engage with travel experts such as Exceptional Villas before committing to a high spend booking.
We have also seen a trend in multi generation vacations this year with many people booking larger fully staffed villas rather than 5 star hotels says owner Alexandra Baradi. They are finding that they get all the services and amenities of the traditional hotel experience but with much more space and privacy that add greatly to a client’s vacation experience.